Our Get it Fresh™ products are a reliable, eco-friendly fresh flower hydration bag & wrap that help keep your fresh flower bouquets alive during transport and storage. But why should you use Get It Fresh™ for cut flower transport hydration wrapping compared to more traditional methods? Because these innovative products are quick and easy to use and are a sustainable packaging and storage option, compared to wet packing or flower tubes.
Get It Fresh™ is a nappy style fabric bag or wrap that retains water and is easily wrapped around the bottom of your fresh flower bouquet to keep them hydrated. A sheer outer bag is then placed over the top of the fabric bag or wrap and secured with a natural rubber band to retain the water.
This handy two-part system allows fresh bouquets to be transported or stored without the need for a bucket or vase. Meaning, you can transport your bouquets vertically or horizontally with no water leaks. The Get It Fresh™ bag or wrap will keep your flowers hydrated and fresh for several days, depending on the weather and transport conditions.
But the most exciting part about our Get It Fresh™ products is that they are a foam-free, Eco-friendly product, making them a more sustainable solution than current transport or storage techniques. The Get It Fresh™ sheer outer bag is 100% biodegradable, the inner fabric bag is 90% biodegradable, and the inner fabric wrap is 100% degradable. We even use a natural rubber band to secure everything in place.
So how do you use this earth-friendly product? This guide will show you the easy step-by-step process of how to use our Get it Fresh™ Flower Bags & Wraps and how to guarantee a longer lifespan of your fresh flowers.
Key features & benefits:
- Get It Fresh™ is a nappy style of fabric that retains water and is easily wrapped around the bottom of your fresh flower bouquets and will keep your flowers hydrated during transport.
- Foam free alternative. No need to wet pack flowers with floral foam.
- Quick and easy to use. These products are much faster and easier to use than wet packing or flower tubes.
- Convenient transport packaging and storage solution.
- Inner fabric Wrap can be cut into different sizes and shapes to fit your needs.
- Keeps hydrating flowers during transport without having to put them in water.
- Transport your bouquets vertically or horizontally with no water leaks.
- Keeps flowers fresh for several days.
- The sheer outer bag is 100% biodegradable.
- The inner fabric bag is 90% biodegradable.
- The inner fabric wrap is 100% degradable.
- Natural rubber bands are supplied with the pack.
- The bags are available in packs of 50.
- The wraps are available in packs of 30.
What you need:
- Get It Fresh™ Flower Bag or Wrap
- Fresh Flower Bouquet
- A Large Bucket
Get It Fresh™ Bag
If you are using a Get It Fresh™ Bag, take the inner fabric bag and insert the stems of your bouquet into the open side of the bag, so that the bag fully covers the ends of the stems.
Get It Fresh™ Wrap
If you are using a Get It Fresh™ Wrap, lay the wrap flat onto your workbench and then place the stems of the bouquet in the middle of the wrap. There should be an equal amount of length left to fold the wrap over on the other side. Swaddle the stems of the bouquet in the wrap by folding the bottom of the wrap up to meet the other side. Then fold the left and right sides into the middle so the stems of the bouquet are completely covered.
Fill your large bucket halfway with water. Regardless of whether you are using a bag or wrap; hold your bag or wrap in place over your bouquet stems and fully submerge your bag or wrap into the water, holding it there for 30 seconds or until completely saturated. For extra support, you can secure your bag or wrap in place with a natural rubber band before you soak your bouquet.
Get It Fresh™ Bag
Get It Fresh™ Wrap
Open the sheer outer bag, this should have the “100% Biodegradable” tag on the front, and insert the saturated bag or wrap. Do not remove the bag or wrap from the stem area, insert both stem and bag or wrap at the same time.
Take the natural rubber band that has been supplied with your Get It Fresh™ Bag or Wrap, gather the top of the outer bag and slide the rubber band onto the top section of the outer bag so that it is secure. If the rubber band is loose, loop the rubber band around the end of the stems one more time for a tighter fit. Do not overtighten the rubber band as this may cause damage to the flower stems.
Your Get It Fresh™ Bag or Wrap is now ready for transport or storage! For a more visual representation of the step-by-step process, watch the how-to videos below.
Get It Fresh™ Bag Video
Get It Fresh™ Wrap Video
For more information on our Get It Fresh™ products read our Get It Fresh™ Flower Bags & Wraps FAQ page.