These products are extremely versatile, and an essential part of product packaging. Cellophane bags provide a clear and protective barrier, while allowing the contents to be visible. Available in a range of sizes and with a variety of sealing options, cello bags also provide a waterproof, acid-free, and food-safe packaging solution that is inexpensive, and thus widely used by both big and small businesses across a variety of industries.
It’s important to note that the term ‘cello’ or ‘cellophane’ is used loosely. While originally used to describe true cellophane, which is an expensive product derived from plant matter, nowadays, ‘cellophane’ usually denotes any transparent, thin, and flexible packaging wrap. The type of cello we stock at Koch & Co is made of BOPP. Biaxially Oriented Polypropylene is a plastic film that is stretched in both directions during manufacturing to create stiffness, strength, and good clarity. Not only well suited for the display of products, BOPP is also ideal for the food industry, as it is moisture resistant. Cello is often used as packaging to help protect products from dust, moisture, and fingerprints with the added benefit of clearly displaying product features to customers.
Cellophane bags have a number of applications, thanks to the wide number of sizes and styles available. Cello bag varieties include:
- A wide variety of sizes: Small cello bags through to very large cello bags can be used for anything, such as party favour packaging to protective gift hamper wrap.
- Gusseted varieties: Some come with a gusset. This allows for the packaging of items that have a greater height or a geometric shape, for example, a photo frame. Similarly, non-gusseted varieties of cello bags can be used for particular purposes. For example, non-gusseted cello bags are often used as plastic envelope packaging for greeting cards and photography or gallery prints.
- Different sealing mechanisms: Read the section below ‘How to seal cellophane bags’ for information on the different options available.
Cellophane Gift Bags Suitable For All Occasions
Cello gift bags are suitable for a wide range of gifting purposes. They are commonly used to package and present small gifts, favours, or treats for occasions, such as birthdays, weddings, baby showers, and holidays. Clear cellophane bags are particularly popular for showcasing and acting as protective sleeves for giftable items, such as candies, cookies, greeting cards, coated nuts, and handmade crafts.
Large Cellophane Bags To Clear Food Bags For Your Catering, Hamper & Gifting Needs
At Koch & Co, we have a range of cello bags designed for hamper-making. A food-safe, waterproof, and convenient packaging solution, these large cellophane bags can also be used as clear food bags for catering and gifting-related purposes. A large, transparent plastic bag like a cellophane bag is an ideal solution for showcasing hampers without risking contamination or the accumulation of dust. For any food products, BOPP plastic wrapping bags like our cello bags help maintain the freshness and hygiene of the food, especially as they are moisture-resistant, and will not leech any by-products or odours.
Delivering Cello Bags Australia Wide
At Koch & Co, we are proud to deliver the vast majority of our goods Australia wide. As a major wholesaler and cellophane bag supplier, we offer a wide range of professional-grade bulk cellophane bags at competitive prices to both our trade and retail customers.
- How to gift wrap food for guests at an event such as a wedding or birthday?
Cello bags are ideal for showcasing and sharing colourful or detailed candies, cookies, or homemade snacks. Whether you’re packaging sandwiches for a picnic, party favours for an event, or Christmas cookie gifts; cellophane gift bags are a user-friendly solution.
To wrap food for guests at an event, gather a range of cello bags in sizes appropriate for the foods being packaged. If your bag is too large, the enclosed food will bounce around and become damaged. Likewise, a bag that is too small will crush your food. Take care to properly seal bags to maintain freshness.
To gift wrap a cello bag of food, embellish the bags with ribbons or labels. Small cellophane bags are especially easy to decorate and share. As an added bonus, by separately packaging a batch of cookies, for example, you keep the unopened cookies fresher, for longer.
- How to wrap a food hamper?
Cellophane hamper bags are convenient clear packaging bags widely used in the hamper industry. A large cello bag like this protects your goods, and allows your hamper presentation to shine.
- To wrap a food hamper with a cellophane bag, begin by arranging all your items in the hamper.
- Next, choose a large cellophane bag that can accommodate the hamper's size.
- Gently slide the hamper into the bag, making sure it fits snugly.
- Slide the cellophane bag over your hamper and gather it at the top, securing it with a decorative ribbon or twist tie.
- Finally, trim any excess cellophane for a neat and polished appearance.
For an approximate size guide on hamper cello bags, see our blog A Guide To Cello Bags.
- How to seal cellophane bags?
Sealing a cellophane bag helps not only to keep your goods safely contained, it also helps with freshness, hygiene, and presentation of the contents. The method of sealing chosen will influence how much air, moisture, dust or other contaminants may enter the bag, as well as the overall look of your presentation.
When sealing cellophane bags, there are a few options:
- Twist the top of the bag tightly, and secure it with a twist tie or ribbon.
- Use a heat sealer to create an airtight seal by pressing the edges of the bag together, and running the sealer along the opening. This has the added benefit of making your cello bag tamper proof. Our BOPP plastic is heat sealable.
- Self-seal cello bags have a peel-to-seal adhesive strip along the top of the bag. These bags can be reused to a degree before the adhesive loses stickiness.
- Press-seal cello bags have two interlocking plastic strips located just under the opening of the bag. These bags can be reused a number of times.
- Zip-slide cello bags have a sealing tab up the top of the bag, and can be sealed when the tab is pulled along the edge of the opening of the bag. These bags can be reused a number of times.
- Are cellophane bags biodegradable?
Cellophane bags are often touted as being biodegradable. However, it is important to note that only true cellophane can make for biodegradable cellophane bags (under the right conditions). This is because this form of cellophane is made from organic source materials. Polyethylene or polypropylene bags have saturated the market, and these, like our BOPP bags, are not biodegradable.
- Are cellophane bags recyclable?
Unfortunately, cellophane bags Australia wide cannot be disposed of in regular recycling streams, such as domestic or commercial recycling bins. Fortunately, many new services are now available for the recycling of clear poly bags like Koch & Co’s cello bags. When recycling soft plastics like BOPP, always consult local recycling guidelines or contact local waste management authorities to determine their recyclability in your area.