At Koch & Co, we are wholesale suppliers of professional and quality party backdrops. Many of our clients are event and floristry professionals so you can rest assured that our photo party backdrop frames are professional grade, durable, and easy to transport and assemble. Whether you need a bridal shower backdrop, an engagement party backdrop, a christening backdrop, or a graduation backdrop, we have festive scenery decor and materials necessary to design and build a photo wall that fits the brief specific to your event, theme, and colour palette.
Gorgeous Birthday Backdrops For An Unforgettable Event
A party backdrop frame is a blank canvas, and as such, with a backdrop, you can use any materials to truly create whatever look or feel you can envision. Available in a range of shapes, from round hoops, to tall rectangles, to elegant arches, and geometrical squares, at Koch & Co, we have the shape, colour, and size that will suit your event space and birthday backdrop vision.
For a birthday backdrop, common decorating materials include fabric covers, balloon garlands, helium balloons, and fairy lights. These materials are all available at a range of price points and in an infinite array of colours and finishes. Any combination of these materials will yield a result that is whimsical and fun, creating an engaging photo wall backdrop for your guests to photograph themselves in.
Hosting A Baby Shower?
A baby shower backdrop can take any number of designs. An example of a dual-purpose party backdrop includes a gender reveal backdrop, which is often a mix of pink and blue. Another popular choice is a baby shower photo backdrop in a pastel rainbow arch, decorated with balloons, a backdrop cover, stuffed toys, and more. Whether you’re planning to make a baby shower backdrop girlish is entirely a question of personal preference. Whether your tastes lie with traditional blues and pinks, or are more aligned with the new wave of neutrals and pastels, at Koch & Co, we can deliver the supplies you need for your baby shower decorations Australia wide.
Get Festive With A Christmas Backdrop
The great thing about a Christmas photo backdrop is that they can be made with Christmas decor that you might already have in the home. Use an armchair or lounge as the focus of your Christmas backdrop. Place your Christmas decorations in the background for a nice out-of-focus, Christmassy touch. A good tip for designing Christmas backdrops for photography is to think about lighting. Choose a time of day or set lighting conditions where your Christmas tree lights can really glow. Seize the opportunity to incorporate warm, glowing candles, and other warm yellow lighting. Having more than a single light source (e.g. from the flash of a camera or an overhead light) softens harsh highlights and shadows, and will add a real sense of ambiance to your Christmas photos.
Australia’s Trusted Provider For High Quality Party Backdrops
If you need a premium photo wall for your next event, check out our range online or in person at our Auburn Superstore. At Koch & Co, we supply quality backdrops at wholesale prices to event professionals and DIYers alike. Whether you need a round mesh backdrop or an opulent arch, we encourage you to explore our range and our extensive offerings of backdrop decorating supplies.
- What are some photo backdrop ideas for parties?
When you’re designing a party backdrop as a photo opp space, it can be helpful to break down your design into a couple of key decorative ingredients. When choosing the decorating materials, think about what complements the shape and location of your backdrop. For example, a round frame really complements the natural curvature of a balloon garland backdrop, and a mesh-covered backdrop makes it easy to attach floral arrangements, neon signs, acrylic decals, and more.
When it comes to designing party photo backdrops, we have also provided another great guide for making your selections:
- Pinks, golds, and whites are very popular for a bridal shower background. Decorating styles are usually soft and romantic, and will often include flowers, fairy lights, and a sign that carries a message like ‘bride-to-be’.
- A baptism background will often have more subdued colours, usually blue, pink, or green in combination with white. White is a colour often associated with spirituality, and as such, any other colours will often be soft - to complement the white, rather than compete with it. Balloon garlands and personalised signs are the most popular means of decorating a baptismal backdrop.
- For a 50th anniversary backdrop, popular colour choices include black and gold or white and gold. The aesthetic for this kind of event tends to be more glamorous, and we recommend a balloon garland that is backlit by warm, white fairy lights. A custom, fabric backdrop or sign with the names of the couple or the years they’ve been married (e.g. 1972 - 2023) are an effective way to personalise a party backdrop for such a momentous occasion.
- A graduation photo backdrop will likewise often embrace a black and gold colour palette. However, these events tend to be very specific in whom they are celebrating. Whether it is a whole class (e.g. Class of 2023, Smithtown High), or a single student, it’s most common to special order a printed backdrop, and add some balloons as a finishing touch.
- How to set up a backdrop for a party?
A party backdrop makes the greatest impact when decorated with not just flowers or balloons, but with a mix of different kinds of decorations. When assembling your own party backdrop, have a think about which types of decorations fit your event’s theme. For example, pastel balloon garlands and fabric-covered backdrops are popular for baby showers, baptisms, and holy communions. For those turning 30 or getting engaged, 90s backdrops with decorations like hanging dream catchers, a neon sign, or fibre optic lamps are nostalgic decorating options.
Serving its purpose not only as a backdrop to display cakes and make speeches, a party backdrop also works as a party photo booth backdrop. This means that when designing your backdrop, whether as a fun streamers backdrop or a more elegant baptism backdrop, you can consider where people will stand or pose, and where the more decorative framing elements will go. For example, if you have a personalised sign, it can be good to place it somewhere above head height, so that it is legible in photos.
As an example, read here for some anniversary backdrop ideas and a brief how-to guide:
- Source your backdrop frame, and order a custom fabric backdrop of the same dimensions. The backdrop should say something about the number of years being celebrated, and perhaps the names of the happy couple or the message ‘we still do’.
- Be sure to order a backdrop with enough overhang for it to be secured with clamps from behind.
- When hanging a fabric backdrop, make sure to hang it taut so that the message is clearly legible from any photos that may be taken on the day. A taut backdrop also lends to a sense of professional finish, which can only enhance the overall effect of your backdrop.
- How to decorate an event on a budget?
Consider DIY options such as creating personalised bunting with an anniversary message, using individual letters on each triangle. Another cost-effective option is to frame your party backdrop with a balloon garland. Koch & Co offer a selection of balloon garland kits that include the right quantity, size, and colour coordination for a polished look. Plus, these garlands don’t require helium, saving you money and making it easier to inflate the balloons with the help of friends.
- How to make a birthday backdrop?
Backgrounds for birthday parties can be customised to suit any style, scale, and age. Think 50th birthday backdrops of classic black and gold, 21st birthday backdrops of shimmery tassels, 18th birthday backdrops with larger-than-life, light up number signs, to 1st birthday backdrops of baby blue and copper balloons. These backgrounds can feature anything from balloons for a gorgeous balloon backdrop to teddy bears for a toddler’s happy birthday backdrop. The combinations of colours and materials are truly endless.
A simple process - it is relatively inexpensive to create a balloon background as a photo op space at your party. To make a balloon garland backdrop, you will need fishing line or twine, and a collection of balloons in different sizes and complementary colours and finishes. For an easier solution, try balloon garland tape instead of twine, and Koch & Co’s ready-made balloon garland kits. This specialised tape comes with pre-cut holes that will evenly arrange balloons along your garland.
To assemble, first inflate your larger balloons. Once inflated, attach all to your garland tape or twine, and then anchor to a party backdrop frame using twine or fishing line. This can be easily achieved by tying the garland onto the stand from behind. Next, from the front of your garland, fill any gaps with smaller, additional balloons. These should be stuck to balloons already tied to the garland by the use of glue dots or double-sided tape. Watch our instructional video for further info. For an extra touch, if you’re assembling 21st birthday backdrop decorations, you can include small disco balls in the place of smaller additional balloons. Alternatively, add metallic foliage and flowers to your backdrop for birthday party decor that is more on the elegant side.