Our acrylic water is a clear floral setting resin that looks just like water, and can be used to create life-like and long-lasting arrangements.
There are some tips and techniques it’s useful to know in order to get the perfect realistic water finish. We’re going to show you just how to do it step-by-step here.
- First and foremost – you must read the safety instructions fully before the fun starts!
- While many stems are colourfast, mixing three parts white glue with one part water and brushing this on your stems before you start, will completely eliminate any colour bleeding into the solution.
- Creating a grid with tape at the top of your glass cylinder vase or hurricane glass vase to keep your silk flowers or fake plants in place while you pour can also be really helpful – and this is recommended. If you want to pour the liquid first, you’ll need to very slowly and carefully place your stems afterwards, as we’ve done here.
- Acrylic water can be sensitive to external temperatures, so keep it away from direct sunlight or heat while you’re mixing.
- The acrylic water takes between 24-48 hours to set completely.
- Step 1: Clean the inside of your vase walls with a glass cleaner.
- Step 2: Cut the packaging apart to make a tray.
- Step 3: If using the 8 oz kit, you may pour the full contents of each bottle into the tray provided. (If you’re planning on using a large amount you’ll need to source a larger container made of plastic or glass, and follow the pouring instructions for large volumes.)
- Step 4: Stir mixed product gently for approximately two minutes or until clear. Any bubbles will disappear as the mixture sets. Use a non-metal stirring stick to scrape the mixture from the sides.
- Step 5: Pour the liquid carefully into your vase, being very careful not to splash the vase walls. If you choose to use marbles or decorative stones in your arrangement, make sure they are clean before putting them into your vase. If using stones or marbles, first add just enough mixture to cover. Then mix the stones or marbles so they are covered in the liquid. This will help prevent air pockets. Then add more product until you’ve reached your desired level.
- Step 6: Leave your finished vase on a level surface for at least 36 hours at 70-85F. Cooler temperatures will cause material to cure slower. Do not move or touch until set.
Please make sure to read our Acrylic Water FAQ page if you’re looking for answers to some frequently asked question about the product.