Wood Wool Specifications
Our food grade wood wool is a popular choice for hamper or produce packaging, such as wine, lobsters and fruits.
The manufacture process is a 100% chemical free process:
- Our wood wool is manufactured from untreated de-barked Radiata Pine or Poplar.
- It is air dried to an average 22.5% moisture content. In the last eight years, all our wood wool manufactured is made from the centre core wood, milled from Radiata Pine, which is plantation grown in a sustainable forest from Central North Island, New Zealand.
- The wood is dried and stored under cover to avoid “sap staining”
- Our wood wool is manufactured to order and is always “fresh”
- Excess wood dust is removed from wood wool before packaging
- Our wood wool meets the requirements of USFDA – Title 21 – Parts 170-199
Browse our range of wood wood shred online.