Koch & Co is an Australian family-owned business and has been a manufacturer & florist supplier for over 90 years. Koch & Co has always been known as a florist supply wholesaler, importing, and distributing florist supplies and floral accessories nationally.
Our History – Humble Beginnings
The company was established in 1931 by Mr Henry E. Koch. Henry Koch was a German-born immigrant who was passionate about trading and selling to florists. He saw a unique opportunity to supply florists with floral accessories and thus Koch & Co was born. His family have written an interesting blog article about him here.
After Mr Koch had passed, Karl Papas and his brother Fonda Papas bought the business from the Koch family in 1996. The business traded out of a small warehouse in Camperdown near Sydney CBD. Since that time, the Papas family have endeavoured to scour the world and develop products for the florist & professional designer market. Over time, the product ranges grew into other markets, such as weddings and events, garden décor, soft toys, artificial flowers, ribbons, hamper packaging and many other products. These days the Koch & Co brand is known Australia-wide for its range of high-quality, affordable products.
What is Koch & Co All About?
Koch & Co provides professional florists and designers with a range of floral accessories for flower arranging, well beyond the basic floral accessories and sundries. With the passion of our team and customers, we have grown our business into a “one-stop-shop” for all florist and professional designer products.
Over the years, our products have extended well beyond floral decoration and gift giving. As our customers have increased their service offerings to decorating events, special occasions, and corporate venues, we have embraced this challenge by constantly delivering on-trend products. Many of our products are also used by hobbyists and floral enthusiasts to decorate and beautify their homes or create wonderful gifts. You can find all the floral and event decorations you need to decorate your space, from your front door to your back alfresco area all in one store.
Koch & Co distributes florist sundries Australia-wide, to the Sydney Flower Market, Brisbane Flower Markets, Adelaide Flower Market and Perth's Leederville flower precinct. Koch also owns National Florist Supplies Pty Ltd which trades from the National Flower Centre for wholesale fresh flowers in the Melbourne Flower Market.
With many of our products being exclusively sourced and developed by our specialised sourcing & product development team, we are proud to have kept pace with the trends & changes in the florist and event decoration industry over the years. Koch works closely with manufacturers of floral supplies to offer florists and event industry professionals the best quality at the lowest prices guaranteed.
Today we offer a vast range of products covering many different categories.
Our main product categories include:
- Artificial Flowers, Plants and Trees
- Fresh, Dried and Preserved Flowers Online
- Floral Foam Products
- Florist Supplies and Accessories
- Scented Candles and Diffusers
- Soy Candles
- Candle Accessories
- Ceramic Pots
- Glass Vases
- Event Decorations
- Party Supplies
- Seasonal Decorations
- Christmas Decorations
- Valentine’s Day
- Mother’s Day
- Florist Wrapping
- Gift Packaging
- Hamper Baskets and supplies
- Soft Plush Toys & Teddy Bears
We have also created a wide selection of Brands, including:
- Ceramique® and Bondi™ Ceramics
- Fleur Flowers®
- Floral Wool®
- Get IT Fresh®
- Image Glassware®
- Kerri® Candles
- National Florist Supplies NFS
- Signature® Ribbons
- Tinman® Tinware
- Vivid Wraps®
Florist supplies have taken Koch on a journey into many new broad product areas, and we now supply many industries. Koch & Co supplies and distributes to:
- Baby Gift Shops
- Balloon & Party Shops
- Florists Shops
- Garden and Nurseries Stores
- Gift Stores
- Hamper and Gift Suppliers
- Hospitality Venues
- News Agents
- Patisserie & Cake Shops
- Wedding & Event Coordinators
Best People, Best Products, Best Service
At the core of Koch & Co, we have a balance of values and vision that encompass what we stand for. They impact the daily outcomes of our people, the products we source & develop, and the service we deliver to our customers.
We strive to be a first-class supplier of floral and event products for all occasions, and a company that is focused on customer service and people.
Our Goal - What We Aim To Be
Innovation, Inspiration & Creation. We aim to continuously foster innovation within the floral and gift product industries, to capture the imagination and needs of the market. We strive to ignite our customer’s inspiration with a vast array of creative floral and gift products. We endeavour to always inspire creation, decoration, design and floral beauty for you and your customers.
Our Mission - How We Achieve This
All our people at Koch & Co are committed to continuing to deliver the best customer service and products, both efficiently and sustainably, that will benefit our customers, staff, and the industries we support.
We aim to develop and provide an exciting and ever-changing selection of home accents, gifts and florist accessories that are inspired by our vast experience in the florist, packaging, and gift industries.
By working over many years in close cooperation with our customers and staff, Koch has developed a comprehensive range of gift and home décor, and professional designer & florist products capable of satisfying the beginner to the highest designer’s expectations.
H. E. Koch & Co Pty Ltd has a rich experience in designing products, continuously creating new collections over several categories, and elevating its brands to ones associated with quality, value, and innovation. Our wide product categories deliver all the ingredients needed to inspire & create your next event or occasion.
Is our customer’s satisfaction.
This is achieved by:
- Being dedicated to bringing beauty, style, innovation and functional products into your business and home.
- Source and develop innovative professional designer & DIY decorator products.
- Supply high-quality products at the best value in the market.
- Give our customers flexible methods to experience the best customer service.
- Offer our customers a creative shopping experience.
- Support inspiration and creativity within the floral & decorative industries.
- Dedicated support of florist education and the flower industry nationally and local florists alike.
Our Guiding Principles Guide Our Decision Making
- Health & Safety – We do not compromise on the health and safety of our staff or customers.
- The Environment – We continuously review our impact on the environment.
- Do What We Do Best – Earn the loyalty of our customers and consumers by continuously being innovative, inspirational, and creative.
- Develop People & Value Diversity – Creating an environment to recognise the diversity and contribution of our staff by supporting them to develop, learn and succeed.
- Continuous Focus on Improvement – Supporting people to continuously improve and have a passion for our products and services.
What We Believe In Guides Our Behaviours
- Trust and integrity are based on honesty, respect, fairness, and transparency.
- Passion for products that are of the best quality, design, colour and fit for purpose.
- Teamwork where the individual is as strong as the team, to ensure shared goals are achieved.
- Positive contribution to the health and well-being of our colleagues, customers, and communities.
- Can do attitudes across our people, products, and services.
At Koch & Co, we believe ethical sourcing and environmental issues are important standards to peruse, address, and uphold. Ethical sourcing requires Koch & Co to ensure the products we develop, and source are manufactured in such a way that is safe for employees and the environment.
- Ethical sourcing
- Labour Rights
- Environmental and Social Responsibilities
Commitment to Sustainability
We are all about wanting to make a positive difference for the future of our planet. At Koch & Co, we’ve implemented real actions to help combat our environmental footprint, with the mindset that there is always room to improve and do better for our customers and communities.
Some of our initiatives include:
Recycling – we recycle over:
- 100 cubic metres of cardboard per week
- 12 cubic metres of soft plastic per week
- Have separated office recycling bins for weekly recycling
- We re-use second-hand cartons where possible
- We utilise degradable and bio-degradable void fill packaging such as crushed Kraft paper
- We don’t use plastic strapping machines
- We use Kraft paper tape to seal our packaging boxes and have stopped using plastic tape
- Reusable shopping bags are used in our Cash & Carry store
- We send broken pallets for recycling rather than sending them to a landfill
- We have reduced the use of gas forklifts and replaced them with electric powered ones
- We have steadily moved to a paperless warehouse pick-and-pack operation
- We have refitted our facilities with energy-efficient LED lights saving over 35% in energy costs
Product Management & Development - Our product development team is continuously looking to source environmentally friendly products such as:
- Natural jute fabrics
- Wooden products
- Biodegradable kraft paper for flower wrapping
- Plastic components and floral bowls made from recycled materials
- Recycled glass vases
- Paper shopping bags
- Degradable floral wool
Koch & Co has continuously supported Florist Schools, Florist TAFE courses and private florist schools with interactive communication and sponsorship. Koch & Co have also been supporters of floral art classes and the Australian Floral Art Society. Koch is an associate member of Interflora Flowers online, as well as, Petals Florist Networks, Teleflora Flowers, and 1300flowers online.
We have a strong commitment not only to our floral and event community but also to the broader community. We strongly believe in giving back and being engaged with our community citizens. We strive to embrace social responsibility and contribute positively toward improving the communities we coexist with by supporting floral & event associations as well as charity and not-for-profit communities.