- What is TOP Float?
TOP Float is a specialised gel solution that forms a coating inside a helium balloon to extend its float time for up to 25 times longer. This is a popular product used by professional balloon artists because it ensures that their balloon designs last for longer.
- Why should I use TOP Float?
As well as making your balloons last longer, TOP Float allows you to prepare your balloons days before your event. If you inflate helium balloons the day before your event and don’t use TOP Float, the next day they will appear deflated and your design may not look 100% as you desired. However, if you use TOP Float when preparing your balloons, the float time will last for many days to come.
- How long will balloons float for when treated with TOP Float?
- Float time with TOP Float = approximately 10-15 days.
- Float time without TOP Float = approximately 8-12 hours.
- How does TOP Float work?
When the TOP Float gel is applied to the inside of a latex balloon it will dry and form a coating. This coating helps contain the helium in the balloon and extends the float time.
- What types of balloons does TOP Float work with?
TOP Float is designed to work with latex balloons. Because foil balloons have a thicker barrier than latex balloons using TOP Float is not necessary. It can also reduce the float time of foil balloons because it makes them less buoyant.
- Does TOP Float work with air-filled balloons?
Yes. TOP Float can be used in latex air-filled balloons. Use the same application process to apply the gel to your air-filled balloons. We recommend using an electric or manual air pump to blow up any air-filled balloons to keep the gel away from your mouth area.
- How do I use TOP Float?
TOP Float is easy to use in just 5 simple steps.
- Step 1: Remove the cap from the bottle and securely attach the pump. Then turn the pump counter-clockwise to unlock the nozzle and connect the clear pipe to the nozzle. For first time use, hold a cup under the nozzle and pump several times until the TOP Float gel comes out.
- Step 2: Slide the balloon as far as it can go onto the clear pipe and pump the TOP Float gel into the balloon. Before pressing the pump down again, wait for 2 to 3 seconds until the dispenser fully rebounds back. Please refer to question below for guidance on how much gel to use per balloon size.
- Step 3: Pinch the balloon as you slowly remove the balloon, cleaning off any excess gel from the pump nozzle. Make sure you keep out the TOP Float gel from the neck of the bottle.
- Step 4: Rub the balloon for a couple of seconds to spread the TOP Float gel inside the balloon. While rubbing, elevate the opening of the balloon to allow some air to escape.
- Step 5: Inflate the balloon with the helium until it is almost pear shaped. Hand-tie the balloon. If the balloon doesn’t seem to float that much, it probably needs more helium in the balloon.
- How much TOP Float should I use?
- 12 inch balloon - 1 pump
- 14 inch balloon - 2 pumps
- 16 inch balloon - 4 pumps
- 18 inch balloon - 6 pumps
- Is TOP Float safe?
Yes. TOP Float is a safe, non-toxic, and biodegradable solution. Although this product is nontoxic, we recommend keeping it out of reach of children and pets.
- What is the shelf life of TOP Float?
The shelf life of TOP Float for unopened bottles is a year. For opened bottles, it is three months.
- How do I store TOP Float?
We recommend storing your TOP Float gel in a cool and dry area away from direct or artificial heat.