You know your business the best, therefore in the best position to choose the best shopping, carry or gift bag that is most suitable for your business. Even though bags may seem like a minor decision, in hindsight the appropriate bags needs to represent the business model.
Below are four key questions with solutions that you need to know before making a commitment.
1) Which is the best bag for my products?
Before you consider the different options of a Kraft paper carry bag, plastic shopping bag, reusable nonwoven bag or premium laminate gift bag, you need to consider how to package the products your customers buy.
- Consider the size and weight of your product. Upmarket petite bags suit jewellery stores, while rugged reusable nonwoven bags suit hardware stores. If it is too large or too small, it’s not a good sign. Having a couple of sizes will ensure various products fit their complementing bag.
- Strength and durability also contribute to the type of bag options available. Super strong Kraft paper bags use a high-strength grade of Kraft paper, while reusable supermarket bags use durable nonwoven fabrics that can support products with considerable weight. Keep in mind bags that tear or handles that break are not professional.
- Make sure you know if your product is of a personal or sensitive nature. Opaque plastic bags or white Kraft bags are preferable for pharmacies to hide sensitive contents.
- Temperatures can also affect the type of bags used, such as the cold, heat or whether your environment is mostly moist or dry. Supermarkets, flower shops and shops selling fresh produce require waterproof bags and quite often food grade bags.
2) What is best for my customer?
Functionality needs to be at the top of the list when choosing the right bag for your customer and staff.
- If there is a high volume of transactions, and in short time frames, you may need a very affordable shopping bag as opposed to a lower volume of transactions.
- Grocery bags needs to be easy to use to allow staff and customers to package their merchandise quickly and cater for a variety of weight and sizes.
- Unusual climate and geographic conditions require specialised bags to transport their shopping in a practical and convenient manner. Finer details are important like soft rope or strong handles according to the weight, shape and size of your products.
3) Why do my carry bags help market my business?
Selecting the right bag for your business is an important branding and marketing strategy that requires more thought than expected. Koch & Co has a huge selection of standard “off the shelf” carry bags to select from.
Custom made carry bags in your company colours or logo is a cost effective option for marketing your business and promoting your brand.
Brand and Marketing Tips:
- Your Brand
- Match your carry bags and gift packaging to the colour theme of your store.
- Create brand awareness by selecting the right bag to promote your company image/logo repeatedly.
- Cost shouldn’t be the only factor when selecting bags. Your business should maintain image reputation, which is reflected right down to the type of bag selected. Carry bags are not just gift packaging but are the link between your customer, product and store. For example, you may be urban or country and like natural Kraft paper bags.
- Consider how important presentation is to your brand or store concept. Gift bags add the finishing touches to your tissue paper gift wrapping and ribbons.
- Your Marketing
- Nonwoven reusable “green” shopping bags or supermarket bags will deliver your promotional message for a long time, as those materials last longer. Reusable gift fair and trade show bags keep the message going long after the show is over. An important tip about buying reusable nonwoven bags is if you get the right size, it will be used repeatedly.
- If your business faces tough competition, you need to have a unique gift carry bag that separates your business from the pack.
- Make sure the product margin absorbs the cost of your packaging and presentation. Make a financial plan of the investment and number of bags required so you can figure out if custom-made or off the shelf bags fits your business. Note that custom-made bags typically fit businesses directly and suits individual corporate images. Investing in quality bags will carry your business a long way.
4) Which is the best carry bag for the environment?
Review whether your company or organisation has a standpoint on the environment affects of products.What is your companies standpoint on this issue. If so, consider where the company stands on supporting the gradual phasing out of plastic bags that harm wildlife. Is there a demand from your customer base for environmental-friendly products?
Environment Planning Tips:
- Koch loves reusable nonwoven bags because they are made from recycled material and can be recycled again. They are less likely to bet thrown into a landfill.
- Recyclable and biodegradable paper bags have been proven to be better for the environment.
- Degradable plastic bags have a special additive that decomposes.
Bag Choices Broken Down
Your choice of gift bags and gift packaging is more than a practical solution for your customers to carry their purchase home. Carry bags are a marketing investment and we pride ourselves on our expertise.
Kraft paper carry bags are made from strong natural brown paper packaging, or bleached white Kraft paper are always an eco-friendly and practical choice. Alternative paper carry bags are premium gloss laminated paper bags that make a statement. Premium bags can also come in a matte UV finish.
Luxury plastic gift bags are made from soft low-density polypropylene (LDPE) and are very popular plastic shopping bags. Alternatively, low cost plastic supermarket singlet bags made from high-density polyethylene (HPDE) may suit the cost structure or volumes of your business. An environmentally conscious alternative is degradable plastic bags with special EPI additive.
Reusable shopping bags are made from reliable nonwoven fabric. They seem to be the environmentally “green” carry bag of the future. Other fabric choices include cotton shopping bags, calico fabric gift bag or natural jute totes.
Custom-made carry bags are made from materials of your choice, which is made into your own personalised carry bag solution. Koch and Co can use the material of your choice to make a carry bag the shape and size to suit the image, style and weight of your products. Then we can custom print your company logo and colours on any gift bag you choose.