Making a floral garland out of artificial flowers has multiple benefits. It will give you greater control over the appearance of your project while also allowing you to preserve the garland for much longer than if you used real flowers. Among all of the DIY projects out there, creating garlands is one of the simplest and least time consuming. Read on to see how to make a silk flower garland and see just how easy a DIY silk flower garland can be.
- What you need to make a garland
- How to make a silk garland in 5 steps
What Do You Need to Make a Garland?
- Silk flowers & artificial plants – knowing how to make a silk flower garland means you’ll need to select the right kind of flowers and foliage to create the look you’re after. We have an extensive range of colours and varieties in stock, and the benefit is you don’t need to wait for the flowers to be in season.
- Floral wire – this will be used to bundle the stems and other components together if you want them arranged and bunched in a certain way.
- Floral tapes – needed to help hold it all together and cover the ends of wires.
- Hot glue gun – depending on the style of garland you’re making, a hot glue gun may come in handy if working with hundreds of very small artificial flowers.
If you plan to display the garlands at an event, it’s a good idea to find a table runner or other table décor that you’ll want to display so you can be sure the colors match or complement each other.
How To Make a Silk Flower Garland in 5 Steps
Now you have all the supplies, we can start talking about how to make a silk flower garland!
Time needed: 30 minutes.
How To Make a Silk Flower Garland in 5 Steps:
- Start by cutting the bulk of the stem off the fake flowers so you only have 5cm remaining.
- Gather small bunches together.
Take time to arrange them how you like before using the floral wire and tape to secure them together.
- Do this by twisting the wire around the extra bits of stem that were left on the bundle.
You can then secure the stems and wire with floral tape. You should have a section of floral wire sticking out of the base creating your new “stem”.
- Repeat this step with the other bundles.
Once all bundles are made, lay them out on the table to see what order and position you prefer.
- Next, begin connecting the bundles by overlapping them to create your garlands look.
Use the new wire “stem” to connect the bundles together, secure in place with floral tape and voila!
With your new understanding of how to make a silk flower garland, you can create a beautiful decor accessory for any event! Shop our wide range of artificial plants and artificial flowers online today to find the perfect silk flowers and fake foliage for your project.
People also asked:
There are so many ways to display artificial flowers in your home, garden and event. From table decor to fashion accessories we have all the answers in this blog.
Take the floral heads off their stems. Fill up a container with water and then place the flowers into the water in a way that appeals to you.
Take a four-inch Styrofoam ball. Poke a bamboo skewer through it, so you can push a ribbon through to use to hang the flower ball when it’s finished. Then, place the flower heads against the Styrofoam ball and use cold glue to secure them. Repeat until the ball is covered.