- Are DESIGN MASTER Sprays toxic?
No. All Design Master Sprays are non-toxic when dry. Be sure to apply the sprays in a well-ventilated area and follow the directions on the label.
- Are DESIGN MASTER Sprays harmful to the environment?
No. Design Master Sprays DO NOT contain Chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) propellants and will not harm the ozone layer. Design Master Sprays are compliant with every aerosol regulation in the USA.
- Can Design Master Spray cans be recycled?
Yes. All aerosol cans must be disposed of safely and in line with local recycle regulations. Design Master cans consist of at least 25 percent recycled materials. Dispose of aerosol can when empty and as per label instruction. Ensure you recycle cans in waste that accepts them otherwise in regular rubbish disposal. Do not dump aerosol cans.
- How do I know my Design Master Aerosol can is empty?
Turn the nozzle all the way around to the black dot on the rim. If empty, nothing should come out.
- How do I know Design Master cans are safe for the environment?
One important thing is that Design Master do not use CGC’s to make their paints. Secondly, in an attempt to be green as possible, an element of the design master can has been made from recycled material. Lastly, every can is hermetically sealed, will last for years and will not leak, spill, spoil or evaporate.
- How can I be sure Design Master Sprays are safe?
As a manufacturer, Design Master goes to great lengths to offer a comprehensive list of handling procedures for safe responsible use and disposal of their product. Also, they have clear directions and use instructions on every label.
- Is it flammable and what is the hazardous goods classification?
Yes, it's flammable and is classified 2.1.
- Is Design Master a compliant aerosol manufacturer?
- Yes. Design Master complies with the strictest environmental regulations in the USA and routinely ensure that all products comply with environmental regulations, responsible practices in the manufacturing, packaging and distribution of our products to produce less waste and more efficiency:- California Regulation for Reducing Ozone formed from Aerosol Coating Product Emissions- National Volatile Organic Compound Emission Standards for Aerosol Coatings
- Are Design Master Labels compliant?
Yes. They are compliant with USA labelling regulations ASTM D 4236 standard. Design Maser respect all laws to do with labelling and testing of their product and work closely with the Duke University and Art and Craft Materials Institute (ACMI).
- Is Design Master Conscious of animal protection?
Yes. No Design Master products or ingredients are used on any animals. No animal products or ingredients are used during manufacturing. No products are purchased from companies that do animal testing.
- Do you offer Material Safety data sheets for Design Master Spray Paints?
Yes. Safety Data Sheets, SDS (formerly MSDS–Material Safety Data Sheets) are required to be available in the work place. All MSDS (SDS) are available on our website on each product page or the Design Master website.
- Tips for responsible use of aerosol sprays
Use Design master Sprays with care and respect and follow the label safety instructions for your protection. The aerosol can is non-hazardous if handled properly as per the label. The paint is non-toxic when dry. For proper and safe use, read the label carefully and follow the instructions. Label instructions may vary between products.
- Design Master Safety and Handling TIPS
- - Keep out of reach of children- ONLY use in well ventilated areas or outside. Inside make sure you open windows and doors for fresh air- Do not inhale excessive vapour- Do not get in eyes- Store in well ventilated area- Keep out of direct sunlight- Vapours can cause flash fire- Do not spray near heat, sparks or open flames- Do not smoke while spraying- Ensure spray nozzle is facing away from you- Do not puncture can or incinerate- Wash hands with soapy water after use- Dispose and recycle responsibly
Extremely flammable aerosol
Contains gas under pressure; may explode if heated
Causes milk skin irritation
Harmful if inhaled
Keep away from heat / sparks / open flames / hot surfaces – no smoking
Do not spray on an open flame or other ignition source
Pressurised container – do not pierce or burn, even after use
Avoid breathing dust / fume / gas / mist / vapours / spray
Wash hands thoroughly after handling
Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area
Call a POISON CENTRE or doctor / physician if you fee unwell
IF INHALED: Remove victim to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing
IF IN EYES: Rinse continuously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
If skin irritation occurs: Get medical advice / attention
If eye irritation persists: Get medical advice / attention
Protect from sunlight. Store in a well-ventilated place. Do not expose to temperatures exceeding 50°C / 122°F
People also read: