All You Need To Know About Strass ® Floral Foam
Strass ® floral foam has been developed in Asia by leading floral foam chemical engineers. Koch & Co have been selling Strass in Australia since 1998 and covers a broad range of floral foam products. Strass® floral foam is known for it’s quality of water absorption, water retention, PH level control, consistent colour and foam density.
Strass ® floral foam has a fine open-cell structure, which allows the flow of fluids through its pore spaces within 60 seconds and holds approximately 1.8L-2.0L of water per brick. This feature increases flowers’ ability to absorb water up to the stems (capillary action) and help keep flowers fresh, last longer and from wilting prematurely.
Water retention is one of Strass ® floral foam’s strongest features. It holds over 40 times its weight in water, with low leakage. Strass floral foam has extra-holding power to keep stems securely in any angle and feeds water to the flowers.
Strass ® floral foam is manufactured at a controlled pH level of seven, which is most suitable for fresh cut flowers. A pH balance could prevent the stem from burns and maximises the life span of flowers.
Strass ® floral foam is designed and made to maintain the freshness of the green colour. Other foam products may change to a moss green/brownish shade due to ageing and UV exposure.
Continuous Foaming Method
Strass ® floral foam uses the continuous foaming method, instead of the traditional block foaming method, which guarantees consistency in quality.
For more information and resources about Floral Foam, read our other articles:
- A Product Guide On Everything You Need To Know About Floral Foam
- All You Need To Know About Smithers Oasis ® Floral Foam
- Notes & FAQs for Oasis ® Maxlife Biodegradable Floral Foam from Smithers Oasis ® Australia
- Oasis® & Strass® MSDS explained June 2019
- Floral Foam: The foundation of a great flower arrangement
- The Benefits Of Floral Foam
- When Should I Use Wet or Dry Floral Foam?
- How To Soak Floral Foam In Just 4 Easy Steps!
Visit our website to browse our range of floral foam products.